July 18th: Katie has always been a bit scared of dogs, until our neighbors, the Marcos, got a new puppy named Cody. Katie has developed a great love for Cody, she talks about him all the time, always wants to go for a walk to see him, she even now has a stuffed Cody (she begged for a real one!). The Marcos let us take Cody for a walk recently and Katie was just in heaven! Here she is hugging her little best friend.
And here's Katie showing off her dog-walking skills, which thankfully greatly improved as we went around the circle. Cody wanted to stop and pee on every tree, so she got very frustrated when he wouldn't follow her, but she learned quickly that he would eventually follow her if she kept walking!
Drew's turn to walk Cody, but that didn't last very long. Katie was upset and said "I'm the dogwalker!" about a hundred times until Drew gave up and let her hold the leash again!
Here's Katie, relaxing with her buddy, a bit worn out after their trip around the circle...
...and Cody looks a bit worn out too!
Here's a little video of them walking Cody...I had to get video from behind them, every time I would try to get in front of them to record their walk, they would all run toward me! So, I gave up and just shot the video from behind!
No comments:
Post a Comment