July 28th: Partway through the summer, we reinstituted mandatory quiet time here, since Drew and Katie don't nap, they were just getting to worn out (and then irritable!) by evening. And it gave me a half hour to try to catch up! Katie just never did become a fan of quiet time. Every once in a while, she would happily stay in her room and play for the half hour, but most of the time she'd just scream "Mommy, is quiet time over yet?" the entire half hour, or just scream in general! Here is a picture of Drew, that Rich took after quiet time one day...
...and here is Katie. After seeing the heartbreaking sad face when I got home, I decided that maybe quiet time could be spent together in one of their rooms since Katie just couldn't get the hang of spending it alone! She is much happier now, and it's actually quite interesting that when they are shut alone in a room, they actually find a way to get along!! It's the most they've played together all summer, I think!
July 30th: Alex still doesn't have a whole lot of hair, but her bangs are getting kind of crazy, so I try to pull it up out of her face. Well, little missy refuses to leave her "pretty" in! And she ends up looking like a cockatoo!
If we could grow it out in the back, she might look a bit more like Dog, the Bounty Hunter!
No comments:
Post a Comment