baby
baby
baby growth
babies

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Chatty Alex

November 27th: Rich and I continue to be amazed at Alex's verbal skills, we're not used to having such a talker at this age. She wakes up in the morning and starts yelling "Katie! I want to go play with Katie!" and she's very good at telling us "I want ____" and of course, she has learned the fine art of "That's mine!" and "I want that", which refers to anything anyone else has. Can't imagine where she learned those? She has taken on the "cartoon character" talk and she runs around a lot in the purple skirt you will see her wearing and she just cracks us up. Whenever I get the camera out, of course, she has nothing to say, so I had to make her repeat some of her favorite phrases, but these are all ones that she uses spontaneously, and frequently! I can never catch it on video, but the cutest thing is that she will just randomly go up to Drew or Katie, throw her arms around them and say "I love you, Drew" or "I love you, Katie" and then kiss them. She says that to mommy and daddy a lot too, but she also says it to her Dora dolls and her books, but seeing as she does love those too, we'll take it!!!!








It's surprising she doesn't just get confused with both Rich and I trying to get her to talk at the same time! I had to get his help to get her to say her "Nooooo", which is too cute. She's very attached to mommy right now, so Rich will tell her "No mommy" when she is crying for me in his game voice, and she'll actually stop crying and start playing along. This is such a fun age!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got a little talker on your hands! Reminds me a lot of Caitlyn when she was that age. If thats the case, you better go buy some ear plugs, cause Caitlyn never stops!

Carla said...

I was hoping she'd say "I'm a chicken". LOL Cute! What a great little talker she is!